An Exploration in Creating with Paper

Always a crafter, I found my passion for paper art in 2008. Mixing several different paper craft techniques and using all kinds of handmade and other specialty papers (and a few paper bags too) I began creating art pieces and landscapes. I feel like I am at the beginning of a long journey I waited 32 years to find. I have barely scratched the surface of this new passion and I invite you to join me on my journey! Happy creating everyone!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Befor and After





















This is the same piece and I like it both ways, it is also one of my first drawn tree...no more printed templates! I started with a painted grey canvas board, then began layering torn pieces of various fiber papers on top. I used a combination of white, greys and blues. A big part of what I do relies not only on the paper, its texture, thickness, colouring and rigidness but also how the paper reacts to the glue and uv gloss. Fiberous papers that are uneven in thickness are great for clouds not only because of the soft torn edges but also because of the way it reacts to glue/gloss. It really amps up the "visual texture" of the clouds.
Papers Used:
Stormy Sky - textured mulberry, mulberry tissue, lace paper, tissue
Ground - textured mulberry
Tree - Standard brown cardstock
Leaves - indian batik, marble paper, scrapbook paper
Techniques:
A lot of layered torn paper
drawn and handcut tree
paper punching







1 comment: