An Exploration in Creating with Paper

Always a crafter, I found my passion for paper art in 2008. Mixing several different paper craft techniques and using all kinds of handmade and other specialty papers (and a few paper bags too) I began creating art pieces and landscapes. I feel like I am at the beginning of a long journey I waited 32 years to find. I have barely scratched the surface of this new passion and I invite you to join me on my journey! Happy creating everyone!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Next Step


This was the first big piece I did after starting on this journey. The background was handpainted and layered with tissue. I loved the paper I used for the clouds....it worked perfectly but alas, I can no longer find it anywhere :(

Paper Used:
Background - tissue
Grass/hills - tesxtured mulberry
Leaves - indian batik
Tree trunks - standard carstock (painted)
Ground cover flowers - indian batik

Techniques and tools:

Collage (torn paper)
template and handcut trees
punching (leaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment