An Exploration in Creating with Paper

Always a crafter, I found my passion for paper art in 2008. Mixing several different paper craft techniques and using all kinds of handmade and other specialty papers (and a few paper bags too) I began creating art pieces and landscapes. I feel like I am at the beginning of a long journey I waited 32 years to find. I have barely scratched the surface of this new passion and I invite you to join me on my journey! Happy creating everyone!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My First Real Paper Creation





I made this for my Mom and this was the first paper art project I ever did. I have only done this kind of flower one other time and the progression was awesome. Enjoy landscapes more but will explore these again in the future and see where it takes me.


Papers used:

Indian Batik (2 shades of green - background, branches)
Lotka paper (red flowers)
Alligator Paper (for the leaves - don't know exactly what it is but it is glossy and has an alligator texture)
Standard cardstock (black flower centers)


Techniques used:

flower centers - quilling
flowers - handmade templates, layered modge-podge on petals, molding/shaping
leaves - handmade template, folded into hot glue to keep leaf shape
branches - drawn onto batik and handcut






No comments:

Post a Comment