An Exploration in Creating with Paper

Always a crafter, I found my passion for paper art in 2008. Mixing several different paper craft techniques and using all kinds of handmade and other specialty papers (and a few paper bags too) I began creating art pieces and landscapes. I feel like I am at the beginning of a long journey I waited 32 years to find. I have barely scratched the surface of this new passion and I invite you to join me on my journey! Happy creating everyone!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first Winter Scenes



In the beginning I started with painted canvas boards and layered tissue on top for the background/sky. I have since switched mostly to doing paper backgrounds but think the layered tissue has its uses.
Also, in the beginning I did not draw my own trees. I generally took a picture or template of a tree on the computer and printed it onto various colours of cardstock and then handcut it. The trees shown were not hand drawn. I was disapointed by the lack of freedom it gave me and did not like being limited to printable paper. As I continued working on my projects I had more and more of a desire to start using handmade and specialty papers. This led to me discovering that I can draw - that my insecurities led me to give up at a young age. I now freehand all my trees and branches and have begun studying drawing as a way to further my own work.
Paper/Materials Used:
Background: Paint layered with tissue on canvas board
Trees: standard black cardstock
Moons: ivory textured mulberry
Snow: smooth mulberry and silk paper

2 comments:

  1. oh wow those are incredible, I really like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! Appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to post! Come back anytime - these are some of my earlier works - haven't posted the newer, better stuff yet.

    ReplyDelete